[openspending-dev] Proposal: entities.openspending.org

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Mar 28 10:48:05 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I want to make a proposal to create "entities.openspending.org" (it
could also be openspending.org/entities/ ...)

Purpose: a *cross* dataset listing of entities (public bodies,
corporations etc) who spend or receive monies (or plan those). This
core entity list could then be linked to entities in the individual
datasets.

## Why?

We already have entities *per* dataset but we have no way to connect
across datasets. "entities.os.org" would be the start on doing this.
It also provides a useful central registry of entities.

## Thoughts

What do people think of the general idea? Before we get into any
discussion of implementation I want to hear what people thought of the
general idea.

Rufus