[openspending-dev] Currency normalisation

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Tue May 14 23:04:25 UTC 2013

On þri 14.maí 2013 14:13, Tryggvi Björgvinsson wrote:
> 4. What should be the base currency of openspending?

On a related note. We probably have to collect some CPI (consumer price
index) data (or similar data) for all countries (at least all supported
currencies) in order to find value across time.

I can't find a site with a good api and all of the data needed. Does
anybody on the list know of such a site? We might have to scrape the
data ourselves.

--

Tryggvi Björgvinsson

Technical Lead, OpenSpending