[openspending-dev] The Front Fell Off

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Apr 16 07:34:46 UTC 2014

First off: thanks for the excellent (and detailed) update Trygvvi :-)

Aside: I think we probably do want a post about this so turning your
material into a post which we can share may be a great idea.

Idea: (this may be completely untenable) could we consider dropping solr,
or at least it as requirement for OS to function? I'm a bit ignorant here
but my understanding is that solr is used for searching transactions. We
could move this to postgres, or, super-crazy, if we have decent google
indexing we could use google custom search for the time being :-)

Just a thought and very happy to be told this is a crazy / impossible idea

Rufus

*Rufus PollockFounder and CEO | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>The Open Knowledge Foundation
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |