[openspending-dev] Dev meeting: February 6, 2014

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Tue Feb 4 22:03:33 UTC 2014

Hi all,

'Tis that time of the month again, the first Thursday of the month which
means dev meeting! We'll meet at the usual time (14 GMT) on the
#openspending IRC channel.

# Meeting agenda

I'd like this meeting to be more on the informative side than debate
side and allow people to ask questions if there are any (newcomers, this
is your chance). This is a risky meeting. If nobody outside the core
team comes there probably won't be any questions to answer, so I'm
relying on all of you who have some questions to join us ;-)

1. Report on the move to the new servers at Amazon
    * You've probably noticed today we've been moving our backend
    * We'd like to tell you about it and allow you to raise questions if
you have any
2. Development plans
    * You can get a lot of this information from our github issues but
now we can discuss them and answer questions
    * We should also brainstorm about how we can achieve them together
3. Other questions
    * I can't possibly know what other types of questions you might have
but this "Other questions" topic is the right place to ask them

# Old logs

We record these meetings. If you want to read the old logs of the
previous dev meetings they are available here:
http://meetinglogs.okfn.org/openspending/2013/ Look at the .log.txt
files (link in .txt [not .log.txt] is incorrect).

# Time zones

14 GMT/UTC in different places:

* Los Angeles: 06:00 (6AM) - this one is for the morning persons
* New York: 09:00 (9AM)
* Rio de Janeiro 12:00 (noon)
* London: 14:00 (2PM)
* Berlin: 15:00 (3PM)
* New Delhi 19:30 (7:30PM)
* Tokyo 23:00 (11PM) - this one is for the night prowlers

--

Tryggvi Björgvinsson

Technical Lead, OpenSpending

The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org>