[openspending-dev] Search in Russian

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Mon Jan 6 11:53:08 UTC 2014

Hi Vitaly,

Again cc:ing the developer mailing list because this is of general
knowledge.

On mán 23.des 2013 23:11, Vitaly Vlasov wrote:
> And also could you give me example of badges?

Badges are a thing users haven't really begun to see yet. This is
something an administrator can add to datasets to give it a special
stamp of approval. We haven't rolled out the badge process yet so we
haven't created any badges, but the software supports it.

The badges might be something like: "Quality dataset" which would be
awarded to datasets which have a good quality, or "Socially audited"
which could be awarded to datasets which citizens have audited.

Since we haven't begun creating and awarding badges you don't have to
worry too much about it. This is why the example translation string is
also more humorous than actual (it's about monkeys using typewriters,
which is a badge we would of course never use). But only administrators
can see it so it's not a big deal. You can replace it with a proper
message if you want but this will probably change in the future when we
launch our badge programme.

--

Tryggvi Björgvinsson

Technical Lead, OpenSpending