[openspending-dev] Setting up Newsletter-Style List for Updates about OpenSpending

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Apr 21 20:25:32 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

bimonthly or less frequent - updates about OpenSpending. We plan to
subscribe people on the OpenSpending lists and users on the site to this
updates-only list and wanted to with check people before proceeding.*

We have previously sent semi-regular newsletter style updates to this and
other OpenSpending lists. Going forward, as part of improving services and
notifications around OpenSpending we are planning to create a regular, but
infrequent (e.g. monthly or quarterly), “newsletter-style” update with key
information about the project and service. In it we want to let people know
about possible downtimes, new OpenSpending related services (which we’ll
see more of because of the new architecture as announced on the blog) and
other updates in accordance to the Privacy Policy users have agreed on.

To make this easier for you, we plan to automatically sign up both members
of OpenSpending mailing lists and users of OpenSpending.org up to the
updates-only list (we will ensure you are not signed up twice). We wanted
to check whether people are happy for this to happen. We want to make sure
that people both get good updates but also are not imposed on so we wanted
to check in with you all to see if there are any objections to us doing
this.

Regards,

Rufus