[openspending-dev] Problem occurred while Importing New Datasets

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jul 28 10:33:07 UTC 2015

On 27 July 2015 at 10:09, Nikesh Balami <nikeshbalami at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,

Hey Nikesh, thanks for posting. One small aside we increasingly recommend
posting not to this list but to the forum at:

https://discuss.okfn.org/c/openspending

> I am from Open Knowledge Nepal and recently our government published a
> budget for this year. Like every year I decided to visualized that budget
> at our OpenSpending website but one small problems occurred while I was
> trying to import data at new dataset.
> At first I created a new dataset, then at "Import" section I gave link of
> my "Gist" where I have uploaded my data. Then it says "Your data is
> analysing", I wait for a long time and refreshed it many times but still
> "Load" sign at my datasets didn't appears.

I tried this same process for couple of time but stills fails to import the
> data and I was unable to figure out what kinds of problem was that. I had
> also uploaded the screenshot of my problem down below.
> Is there anyone who is happy to help or suggest me.
> Thanks in Advance!!

I believe this may be an issue with the queue again and that Tryggvi is
looking at this. Let us know if it is now sorted.

More generally, as you may be aware, we are planning a major upgrade of
OpenSpending platform to resolve these kind of issues and provide something
that is more robust and scalable and is also easier to extend and adapt.
Details can be found in the new community site at:

http://community.openspending.org/next/

Regards,

Rufus

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock