[openspending-dev] SpenDB, a light-weight tool for government financial data

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Wed Jun 3 07:31:13 UTC 2015

Hey all,

I've been spending a bit of time over the last few months preparing a much
simplified and modernised version of OpenSpending, called SpenDB. As the
first prototype is now running, I wrote up some of the major changes and
plans for the initiative:

http://pudo.org/blog/2015/06/03/spendb.html

There's also a live version of the prototype available (it doesn't do many
interesting things besides letting you upload data):

http://spendb-dev.herokuapp.com/

This is an open call for feedback - both technical and non-technical - and
for collaboration: I'd love to work with more people to make a great user
experience here, support easy data uploading, pivot tables and beautiful
charts. Who's interested?

Cheers,

- Friedrich

p.s. Note that this is a private initiative, it's only vaguely related to
OKFN's plans for "OpenSpending Next" (http://labs.openspending.org/next/).