[openspending-dev] Loading API

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri May 1 10:23:26 UTC 2015

Hi Karen,

Apologies for slightly slow reply. Also, as you probably know OpenSpending
is a community run project so response here is largely from volunteers
(which includes me here!)

On 26 April 2015 at 14:47, Karen Ananiev <karen.ananiev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are going to use load api to save the budget data. But when I
> use csv_file+metadata I always get 500 HTTP error and there is no
> explanation. When I use data package api returns 200 OK but I can find the
> data on openspending. Could you please help to figure out what's wrong?

First, sorry to hear you are having an issue. To help you resolve it can I
ask 2 requests:

1. Could you open an issue on
https://github.com/openspending/openspending/issues - it will be easier to
track and work on there
2. When you open the issue could you walk through exactly the steps you
take and what happens. This will help us replicate and debug.

There are the links I use:

> csv: http://townlife.ca/themes/Other/budget/data/townlife_test.csv
> metadata:
> http://townlife.ca/themes/Other/budget/data/townlife_test_model.json
> data package:
> http://townlife.ca/themes/Other/budget/data/townlife_test_datapackage.json
>
> I was able to load the same csv manually on openspending.org

Interesting. Please document in the issue and we'll dive in.

> Btw there is one more issue: when csv file contains <500 rows it doesn't
> show any columns in dimensions tab so it's impossible to create dimensions.

Another bug you have spotted - could you open a separate issue for this -
much appreciated.

Rufus

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> - see