[wdmmg-discuss] Nomenclature change - Departments vs. Entities

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Sun Aug 15 11:39:03 UTC 2010

So I've made some progress on modelling the accounts, and
I've thought to make a nomenclature change. Colloquially the
entities in the CRA are referred to as departments. Most of them
are, but some are not. Examples include

  * Deputy Prime Minister's Office (doesn't really exist as a
     post even, Nick Clegg is technically Lord President of the
     Council, First Secretary of State is often used as well)
  * ENG_HRA - I believe this is the housing revenue account
     subsidy managed by the DCLG
  * ENG_LA - Funding disbursed to english local authorities
     in aggregate
  * Scottish Executive and its departments - another
    catchall
  * Welsh Local Government Adjustment/Input - another
    catchall like ENG_LA

So I'm proposing to call all of these things Entities, as
in "entities that can spend or receive UK public funds"
and where appropriate put an owl:equivalentClass
that points at the department if it is a department.

Sound reasonable?

-w

--
William Waites           <william.waites at okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation

RDF Indexing, Clustering and Inferencing in Python
		http://ordf.org/