[wdmmg-discuss] Introduction

Stefan Urbanek stefan at agentfarms.net
Thu Aug 26 15:14:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

Let me introduce myself first. I'm Stefan Urbanek, independent consultant with experience in data mining, analysis, quality and cleansing. I have IT background and I've been working for 6 years in a corporate environment - mobile telco company. Currently I am trying to port processes and tools used in corp. environment into Open Government/Open Data area.

New projects would be good example of what I am doing at the moment:

Data publishing application for acquired through free information act in Slovakia:

	http://datanest.fair-play.sk

Source: http://github.com/Stiivi/datacamp

Slovak public procurements (beta version, for Transparency International Slovakia):

	http://vvo.democracyfarm.org
	(not localized, unfortunately)

Source: http://github.com/Stiivi/vvo-reports
Scraping method: http://www.scribd.com/doc/35713180/
(scraping source will be published soon)

I am developing open-source framework for data analysis called Brewery:

	http://github.com/Stiivi/brewery

Currently focusing on OLAP and multidimensional data modeling (used in the procurements project).

I would like to join discussions and share know-how. I have a proposal, that Rufus Pollock suggested me to share with you. I will send it in separate mail/thread.

Regards,

Stefan Urbanek

knowerce|consulting
http://www.knowerce.sk