[wdmmg-discuss] Fwd: Where Does My Money Go query - application to other projects/datasets

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Feb 5 12:33:10 UTC 2010

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hi there,

I was looking at the Where Does My Money Go? project that you're
running at the moment and was thinking about how to apply it in
different contexts. I happen to work in Local Government, and have had
a couple of requests about whether we could do something similar for
our local budgets. However, I'm not a programmer and the closest I
could come is perhaps by doing something using Excel 2007 and the
bubble chart functionality. However, that requires some criteria for
an X and Y dimenson. Have you thought about turning the prototype into
something that could sit on top of any datasets, so it could be reused
for other purposes? If not, do you happen to have any pointers on how
I could start a similar project?

Many Thanks,

Kit England

--