[wdmmg-discuss] Data specification

Liz Turner liz at iconomical.com
Mon Feb 8 15:27:19 UTC 2010

Hi all,

As you probably know, we've been investigating public data sources, to
learn what we can extract from them, and how we can turn that into
visualizations and other interactive devices.

I've just posted this preliminary specification:
http://wiki.okfn.org/p/Where_Does_My_Money_Go/Data/Data-specification

This is a working document which deals with:

* what we'd like to do with the CRA and associated local government
spending data;

* sources of statistical demographic data, which we can use to support
personal tax statement estimates;

* supporting geo data sources, which could cost time, money or both;

* a rough estimate of data processing tasks;

Unless otherwise stated, we refer to sources identified in the Google
spreadsheet Data summary.
Any questions or comments, please shout!

cheers

Liz Turner
+31627495149

δt.software