[wdmmg-discuss] Meeting at the Treasury part 2 -- CRA.

William Waites wwaites at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 9 00:54:27 UTC 2010

Le 10-02-09 à 00:10, Lisa Evans a écrit :

> For each department there are Functions. These Functions are
> *supposed* to be taken from the top level COFOG functions -- in some
> cases they are, however in other case they are wrong -- and instead
> something at a lower level of PESA table 5.2 has been grabbed. So
> I'm talking to them about fixing this -- otherwise we need to run a
> script to determine the correct function from the corresponding Sub-
> function -- assuming that is correct.

Hi Lisa. Great work!

I've spent a bit of time recently looking at the COFOG and it would be
ideal
if the treasury would dispense with the descriptive strings for the
functions
and subfunctions -- well they can keep the strings but the best thing
would
be to add a column where they put the standard code.

It doesn't really matter whether they use functions, sub-functions (or
sub-
sub-functions actually) though the more specific the better, and we
can always
aggregate it up to higher level functions very easily.

A list of codes chez nous: http://cofog.eu/cofog/codes

Just tag each data row with the identifier from the rightmost column
there
and we can aggregate it or describe it in any of the UN languages plus
German

I've looked at the CRA data and it would be a very ugly script indeed
that
tried to figure out the codes from the strings they have in that CSV
file.

They can also get them from the Eurostat or UN stat websites.

Cheers,
-w
--
William Waites