[wdmmg-discuss] Meeting at HM Treasury yesterday

Lisa Evans lisa.evans at okfn.org
Thu Feb 25 10:28:45 UTC 2010

I've been researching how the data is structured in COINS, so that:

* we can understand the reports run from COINS better (e.g. CRA, PESA, SBI
   etc)

* when COINS is published we can start using it straight away.

Yesterday Rufus and I met with Ben Pearce and Jim Williamson (both work on
COINS at the Treasury) to talk through the COINS schema and other requests
I've made.

>From this meeting we:

* confirmed that the COINS data is much richer than the aggregated data in
   the reports published from it, like the PESA, SBI etc.

* talked through the COINS schema I received (they sent me the schema with
   no description of what any of the fields mean):

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/25039/response/67260/attach/3/100111%20COINS%20Schema%20for%20FOI%209%201049.xls

* learned how they ensure there aren't duplicate Program Object Groups in
   COINS (and so in the CRA).

* learned more about the reports they run from COINS and how they contain
   descriptions of codes in COINS, e.g. SBI codes.

* learned more about the auditing of COINS and other government
   department's accounts.

* explained the aims of our wdmmg project

I'll be adding the information I get from the requests I made to the
wdmmg group on CKAN.