[wdmmg-discuss] Building the data store

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jan 21 12:22:35 UTC 2010

Our immediate next steps must be to start building the data store,

In building the store I see there as two main things we need to sort out:

1. Domain model
2. Backend technology (SQL, RDF, document store e.g. couchdb etc)
3. APIs and access methods

On all of these the best approach I think is to do a bit of basic
planning and then to get something up and running asap to test out.
Domain model is clearly the biggest issue and the main priority and I
think it is almost certain we will get this at least partly wrong at
first!

Input on all of these items would be invaluable -- I know Dave has
already in detail about the CRA "domain model", Will has played around
with CRA and RDF, and Richard sent me an email about the domain model
last week (Richard: perhaps you'd be happy to forward that to the
list).

In addition to this list I've also got a basic wiki page here where we
can work on a consolidated spec:
<http://wiki.okfn.org/p/Where_Does_My_Money_Go/Store>

Regards,

Rufus