[wdmmg-discuss] Local authority and ONS

Lisa Evans lisa.evans at okfn.org
Tue Jul 6 15:01:27 UTC 2010

Anyone know what local authority finances are used by the Office of
National Statistics?

I've been digging and found these three forms Local Authorities have to
fill in, and I was told this is what the ONS use:

RA - which is the Annual Revenue Budget Returns
SG - Specific and Special Revenue Grants
BID (Business Improvement District) revenue account form

All 3 of these forms, plus some description, are here, but not described
very clearly:

http://www.communities.gov.uk/localgovernment/localregional/localgovernmentfinance/statistics/usefulinformation/formstimetable/revenueforms/

If anyone knows more clearly what's gathered and in how much detail with
these forms I would like to hear about it.

I'm pretty sure that the authority's assets are accruals are not covered
in these reports.

Lisa