[wdmmg-discuss] Lambeth Council Corporate Financial Ledger

Lisa Evans lisa.evans at okfn.org
Wed Jun 9 10:07:32 UTC 2010

Richard,

This is great work!

I'm at exactly this stage with a number of councils at the moment.

I've found that just asking for the data with reasonable redactions (e.g.
I don't want individuals council tax payments) doesn't work -- in general
the people who manage the system would need to devote lots of time to
figuring out what to do.

I suggest almost writing the queries you want for them, so I'd ask for the
tables from the Oracle Financials and Oracle Procurement and any other
part of the Oracle E-Business Suite that may contain the data you want
(and give instructions for how they can obtain this). I'd ask for the
training materials for using the system so you can really understand the
system in the way they do. I would also offer your assistance in
understanding the structure of the data and extracting the data, saying
you would be happy to meet them to explain what you want in more detail
and do all you can to help.

Good luck and keep us updated on how this goes,

Lisa

As the database is Oracle e-business suite, I guess they use