[wdmmg-discuss] Deriving PESA from COINS courtesy of Martin Budden

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Jun 13 18:21:12 UTC 2010

Martin Budden has informed of us some interesting digging into COINS
he has been doing:

<http://blog.okfn.org/2010/06/04/coins-a-users-guide/comment-page-1/#comment-295764>

<quote>
You may be interested, I’ve written two blog posts about COINS, one
giving a brief overview of the COINS data format, and the second about
how I used COINS to generate some of the PESA (Public Expenditure
Statistical Analyses) reports.

A brief overview of COINS:
http://martinbudden.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/a-brief-overview-of-coins/

Using the COINS data to recreate PESA reports:
http://martinbudden.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/using-the-coins-data-to-recreate-pesa-reports/

I’ve also written some python utilities to read HM Treasury COINS
files, to convert to more useful formats. There are also some SQL
queries to generate some of the PESA reports. See:
http://github.com/martinbudden/coins
</quote>