[wdmmg-discuss] Whole of Government Accounts Wikipedia article

Lisa Evans lisa.evans at okfn.org
Tue Jun 15 18:04:36 UTC 2010

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010, Lisa Evans wrote:

> 3. What I don't yet understand is why the WGA instructions for LA require
>    the LA to record their spending down to the nearest 1 million pounds,
>    and it then says this information is recorded in COINS, but the spending
>    we see in COINS does not include any local bodies.
>
> You can see more what I mean here:
> http://www.communities.gov.uk/localgovernment/localgovernmentfinance/governmentaccounts

I found out that local authorities, 448 bodies they say, are all required
to document their spending in what is called an L-pack by 30th July every
year. You can see the L-packs here -- pretty detailed spending records:

http://www.communities.gov.uk/localgovernment/localgovernmentfinance/governmentaccounts/wga200910/

The results of the L-packs are stored directly in COINS, and have been for
at least the last 5 years or however long the whole of government accounts
has been running.

So this is all in COINS but none of this is published with the rest of the
COINS data.