[wdmmg-discuss] ONS CSDB database

Lisa Evans lisa.evans at okfn.org
Wed Jun 30 11:04:35 UTC 2010

The Office of National Statistics gets lots of the data that is useful to
WDMMG. So, I've been looking at how they store this data. There are two
main databases I've found: The Central Shared Database (CSBD) and
Centralised ONS Repository of Data (CORD).

I've recently got more details about the CSDB, like that it is an Ingres
database, and takes up 58Gb of disc space and here is a description of the
tables:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/34815/response/94867/attach/2/TablesColumns.txt

I also received details about the structure of the data in CORD some time
ago:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/the_schema_for_the_oracle_databa#incoming-82238

Anyone interested in looking into these tables in more detail with me?

Lisa