[wdmmg-discuss] Greater London Authority spending data

Alistair Turnbull apt1002 at goose.minworks.co.uk
Thu May 20 19:21:53 UTC 2010

We've done a quick-and-dirty import of the GLA spending data into our
software:

 	http://london.wheredoesmymoneygo.org/

For example, here is what they paid to Vodafone:

 	http://london.wheredoesmymoneygo.org/account/c988ca22-214b-47ef-af19-5fd3cfdc781b/postings

It's running at a different URL for the moment as you see. The eventual
aim is to host both data sets at the same URL, but we want to be a bit
more cautious about updating the main site from now on.

We're trying out a slightly different data model. The difference is that
the Account objects really do represent organisations or parts of
organisations. This means we have to put most of the meta-data on the
Transactions instead of on the Accounts. We think this will make more
sense for data sets where we can track money flows, e.g. COINS.

The UI has not been updated for the change of data model, so you will find
that various things are not diplayed when you might expect them to be. We
will fix the problems in due course...

 	Alistair