[wdmmg-discuss] Croatian "state budget calculator"

Marko Rakar mrakar at mrak.biz
Mon Nov 22 11:38:24 UTC 2010

Hello to all,

I would like to point you to our newest project called "budget calculator".

You can see it at: http://proracunskikalkulator.com

Site is fully in Croatian language but the point is that in the field top
left you enter your bruto monthly salary and then application will calculate
how much taxes you pay to the government through the year (including your
VAT spending, .
Blue items are state budget income (taxes collected) and red ones are budget
spending items.

Larger numbers are overall budget numbers (as proposed by the government),
green ones are your portion within that budget item.

Then you can move sliders with taxes or spending; you can either influence
particular tax percentage or where this is not possible you can slide
actuall spending number, items with checkpoints include some new tax
proposals. You also have ablitiy (on expenses side) to fire some civil
servants, or increase/decrease their salary or their material costs.

And in the end, at the bottom you have summary on government budget proposal
vs. yours, what is state deficit, how many people you have fired and how all
this changes translate to your salary and tax payments.

It was a great success, we had about 40.000 visits in last 16 hours :).

There is also an option where you write your demographics data and you can
save (and share to fb/twitter/email) your results so we will be able to
calculate what croatians think about budget.

I hope you will be able to look at it, play a little and if someone is
interested I am more then willing to share our know-how on this.

Kind regards, marko