[wdmmg-discuss] Open Spending call for collaboration?

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Fri Apr 22 11:05:46 UTC 2011

I think it's a great idea. There was an influx of volunteers after the
recent press coverage!

The thing that I am wondering at the moment is if we should have just
one general form for 'Get Involved with the OKF' - and replace the
'Get Involved with OpenSpending' form with this one. There are so many
volunteer forms and I think some people are just getting lost!

My reasoning is that I think some people are volunteering via the 'Get
Involved with OpenSpending' whose talents and interests are possibly
better suited to other areas of the OKF - i.e. graphic design (which
we desperately need in other areas!) but they have obviously come in
via the 'Get Involved with OpenSpending' link as this is where they
were directed from the Guardian or La Stampa or wherever it was that
they came across our work.

Perhaps it would be best to update the general Get Involved with the
OKF form so that it has a 'how did you hear about us?' option on it,
so we can know which project has attracted people's attention and
replacing the Get Involved with OpenSpending with what you suggest
below to interest people who are particularly interested in building
on OpenSpending platforms?

What do you think?

Lucy