[wdmmg-discuss] WDMMG -> Flash (flex?) Bubble Chart Source Files! ?

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Sun Jan 30 11:02:54 UTC 2011

Hi Armand,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Armand Brahaj <mandi at shqiperia.com> wrote:
> We would like to offer a similar vizualization tool in our site and I would
> like to know if these files are offered some way in an open source licence?

As far as I know, the flash/flex source is not available at the
moment, which is a shame. There is, however, the compiled version
which can be freely configured via a JSON file and thus adapted to
show quite a lot of different structures. See:
https://bitbucket.org/okfn/wdmmg-js - please let us know if you need
help using this; it usually goes together with the WDMMG data store
(https://bitbucket.org/okfn/wdmmg) which I recommend you at least have
a look at.

> We (and other similar projects) might benefit from these source-files to
> generate a similar representation for our projects without increasing the
> cost of our projects.

Agreed. I think our approach for the future will be to only include
JS/HTML5 stuff which is source by nature and would be freely shared
through a GPL license.

Best wishes,

 Friedrich