[wdmmg-discuss] Review OpenSpending.org

Ian Dickinson ian at epimorphics.com
Tue Mar 29 09:59:21 UTC 2011

Hi Friedrich,

Sorry this is not on the etherpad - I don't think I have a login on that
site, and I couldn't find a way to register.

On 15/03/11 19:02, Friedrich Lindenberg wrote:
> As you know, we've been working quite hard to get the new site,
> http://openspending.org into a nice shape. While we're still working
> on many aspects of a first release, it would be very helpful if many
> of you could contribute some feedback on the site that is currently
> online at openspending.org.
In general, I think the site looks really good. I'm confused, though,
what the percentage and Change +/- columns signify: what are they
relative to? In particular, if I look at:

http://openspending.org/classifier/cofog/04.3?_view=region

Energy spending in Wales is 9.56% of something (overall UK budget, E&W
only, Wales only?) and has apparently gone down by 117% which looks
erroneous. Even if the raw number was more sensible, it's not clear to a
new user that it's the change against the previous year (assuming that's
correct, of course).

Ian

Ian Dickinson                   Epimorphics Ltd, Bristol, UK
mailto:ian at epimorphics.com        http://www.epimorphics.com
cell: +44-7786-850536              landline: +44-1275-399069
Epimorphics Ltd.  is a limited company registered in England
(no. 7016688). Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High St,
              Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK