[OpenSpending] [okfn-br] OpenSpending in Brazil (also the HackerBus)

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Wed Apr 11 08:24:56 UTC 2012

Hey Markun,

great to hear you're getting on!

On Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Pedro Markun wrote:

> Now it should be working :)
>
> http://openspending.org/ribeiraopreto-budget-2011/views/ribeirao-bubbles#/~/total
/note to self: needs colors and more space.
> Lucy and all, do you knwo if it is possible to create the dimensions mapping programatically?
It is, the whole metadata is basically what you can see here: http://openspending.org/ribeiraopreto-budget-2011/model.json - you can manipulate it and POST it back to several sub-URLs. Maybe you can tell me the specific thing you're doing though and we can work out the best way - if you want to do this for 600 municipalities, it may even make sense to load them into a single dataset (sao paulo) so you can aggregate (e.g. all school spending in the state). This only works if they adhere to a common schema, of course.

- Friedrich