[OpenSpending-discuss] API Open Source Exchange Rates - Deflator

Mark Brough mark.brough at publishwhatyoufund.org
Tue Jan 31 12:05:53 UTC 2012

Hi Christian

The GDP Deflators thing is a problem that needs solving! - as is
historical exchange rates. That API is really great (although I think the
data is not actually openly licensed as it's been extracted from
commercial sites?).

This package also has some historical exchange rates (going back to the
1950s in some cases):
http://thedatahub.org/dataset/exchanges-rates

I think the US (and maybe ECB?) data on that package is probably openly
licensed, but I'm not sure about the OECD... might be worth checking - I
think it's the most complete data. If so, perhaps that API could be
converted fairly easily to serve the historical OECD data?

Mark

--
Mark Brough
Research Officer, Publish What You Fund