[OpenSpending] Doubts about compounds variables and drilldown in levels

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Sat Jul 21 11:28:58 UTC 2012

Dear Jose,

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM, José Félix Ontañon
<fontanon at emergya.com> wrote:
> So, in my dataset[1], 'Spending area' (or 'area') is the level at the
> top, then 'entity', 'program', and 'concept' as the last level.
> I'm afraid I don't know how fix the fields, at the dimensions editor,
> to get that drilldown in three levels behaviour. Which column must be
> set as id? how do I set the hierarchy area -> entity -> program ->
> concept?

OpenSpending doesn't know about hierarchies per se. The links in the
UK CRA dataset are set in the "Views" config, and I've added a
configuration similar to that to your dataset. Unfortunately, this
requires the dimensions to be "Compound Dimensions" (or just
"Dimensions" in the UI). So you need to drop your data and change the
model to make entity, program and concept into compound dimensions.

Let me know if that helps,

 - Friedrich