[OpenSpending] Interesting budget visualisations from around the globe

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Tue Jun 5 12:15:47 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Over the weekend, we've been sent some very interesting budget
visualisations to have a look at - I thought a couple of them may be
of interest to the list. Both display hierarchical information clearly
without the need to drill down.

The first is the product of the OpenData.Ch Camp:

http://t.preus.se/bernbudget2012/

The second is 'Where are my Taxes Going?' from Australia. Notice the
comparison planned/actual, quite elegant.

http://theopenbudget.org/

We're still hunting examples of people who are building great
visualisations and for your thoughts on how effective they are at
conveying information! Let us know any thoughts,

Lucy

--
Lucy Chambers
Community Coordinator,