[OpenSpending] Interesting budget visualisations from around the globe

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Wed Jun 6 13:49:38 UTC 2012

Hi Ivan,

Great to hear from you!

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Ivan Begtin <ibegtin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lucy!
>
> It's really great  and I like it very much. Is this visualization open
> source?

Not sure which one you are referring to, but we have spoken to the
Australian guys about possibly using the visualisation in future
versions of OS so I think they are quite open to sharing. Obviously,
I'd also love to experiment with different views of Russian data in
OpenSpending, so if you have some, would love to see it!

If you're interested in the Swiss one, I'm not exactly sure who is
behind it, but the source code appears to be available on the website.
Any further questions, asking on the Swiss mailing list will probably
find you the people you need
(http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-ch)

> We have some data to try.
>
> Take a look at russian visulalization of budget. This one was made by Moscow
> city administration - http://budget.mos.ru/project_main - not so bad but not
> interactive.
>
> and this one by federal government (http://info.minfin.ru/fbrash.php) - not
> so good as visulalization, but still better than nothing.

Thanks for these, you've probably seen I tweeted them yesterday - I'm
wondering whether we should find a place for these all to live as it
would be great to keep a record of them - a wiki perhaps? Would it be
helpful to have a list (I have many!) ?

Lucy