[OpenSpending] article in FT on whole government accounts...

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Mar 12 09:57:52 UTC 2012

On 9 March 2012 21:27, Lisa Evans <lisa.evans at okfn.org> wrote:
> Thanks for linking to this Tim.
>
> I think it's terrible shame that articles like this are talking about the
> burden of opening up data before the open data community has a chance to
> explore it.
>
> The raw data for the WGA was released in December last year in the COINS
> download. But it has taken until last week to get the Treasury to release
> the cash flow statements for local authorities, which make up an essential
> part of WGA, but were not included in the COINs release.
>
> I think you can see the piece without logging in to the FT here:
>
> http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b43717f2-691d-11e1-9931-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1oeTPdI$
>
> If anyone would like the LA cash flow just let me know and I'll email it
> through.

Can we get it into OpenSpending? If you'd like help Tim and I could
assist on wrangling the data into a suitable format.

Also, as a first step, Lisa would you be up for updating the relevant
dataset on the DataHub (which you created :-) last year):

<http://thedatahub.org/dataset/ukgov-finance-whole-of-government-accounts>

Rufus