[OpenSpending] Open Economics Monthly Meeting Highlights - May 16

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Wed May 16 18:08:46 UTC 2012

Dear all,

hear are some summary notes from the Open Economics Monthly Meeting about
Open Economics and OpenSpending at the OKFestival, May 16 , the full record
can be accessed at: http://econ.okfnpad.org/WGmeeting.

Hear are the three topics, which formed around our discussions, if you are
interested in participating in organisation of these stream topics, please
let us know and add some input to:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hcXXvs4rs0yT_plgzAHrIAyyNVWbDr8UQDkiAP2VUBo/edit?pli=1

   - *Measuring Social Progress *From an economic perspective: progress
   measurement and performance indicators - our experience with YourTopia  -
   measuring progress and the problems of composite indices and overcoming
   these problems.
      - Possible Stream: Open Democracy or Open Knowledge and Sustainability
      - Possible Speakers: Fitoussi, Doug Koplow and Jakob Svensson
   - *The Economics of Cities *Innovation in service planning and delivery,
   working with municipal data for data visualisations - Linking the Living
   Labs Global, NESTA and the other organisers of the Open Cities stream...
   - *OpenSpending and Open Government*
      - Standards on Spending Data (Open Government) - Support from GIFT?
      - Panel on Social Auditing (Open Government) - involving possibly
      IBP, MKSS and MUHURI
      - Citizen Participation (Open Government or Open Democracy)

The Open Development stream has also additional topics:
http://opengovernmentdata.okfnpad.org/open-development-okfest2012

If anybody has any more ideas or anything aligned with the things mentioned
so far, let us know and join us in the Organising Committees of the
OKFestival. We will have a catch-up call next week where we can discuss
more about the content and the proposal submission for June 1.

Also, possibly the first topic - Measuring Social Progress could go under
the Open Knowledge and Sustainability Stream as currently this stream is
rather empty and doesn't have any Organising Committee yet - it would also
give us some space to do more stuff about Energy and Environment if there
are people interested (follow up with themes from the Energy and Climate
Hackday)?

Look forward to any feedback and inputs!
--
Velichka Dimitrova
Project Coordinator