[OpenSpending] Technology for Fiscal Transparency: Report Published

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Wed May 30 13:33:10 UTC 2012

Dear all, (apologies for cross posting)

In early March, we embarked on a project to map out projects which use
technology to further the aims of fiscal transparency, accountability
and participation. We were aiming to highlight exciting projects which
would stimulate data-release, accountability and participation as well
as pointing out gaps and providing some recommendations to answer the
question 'Where next'?

Preliminary findings were presented at last month’s GIFT meeting in
Brasilia. Since then, we’ve been building on the comments, follow-up
questions and feedback from the session.

Today, we are happy to announce the official release of the resulting
report, Technology for Transparent and Accountable Public Finance is
available on OpenSpending.org here:
http://openspending.org/resources/gift/index.html

This is the first edition of the report and we hope to be able to
build on it as our work progresses, so are grateful for any feedback
you have!

More on the report in this blog post:
http://openspending.org/blog/2012/05/29/GIFT-report-released.html

Many thanks and happy reading,