[OpenSpending] The open spending handbook sprint

Lisa Evans lisa.evans at okfn.org
Tue Nov 13 12:18:53 UTC 2012

Hello open spending people,

As you read this seven members of the open spending community, at least
one person from every continent, are huddled together in a small room in
London. Our challenge? To write a book in four days.

We're putting together a list of resources and organisations working in
the area of public spending and budgets, along with lots of advice for
NGOs to really use public data.

If you have examples you would like included then please shout out on this
thread.

Here's a glimpse into our first day:
http://openspending.org/blog/2012/11/13/handbook-spring-day-1.html

At the end of the four days the idea is to have a book that is a wiki
style living thing for you to fill with your own successes and challenges.
We'll be sharing the book as it forms, starting from later today when we
will mail the link to this list.

Best,
Lisa