[OpenSpending] IRELAND: Open Government Data

Denis Parfenov denis.parfenov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:27:42 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to say “hello from Ireland” and to share our Open Government
story with you.

I’ve been delaying this moment expecting that we have positive news to
share, but unfortunately when it comes to open government data in Ireland:
it’s one step forward, two steps back -

http://blog.opengovpartnership.org/2012/09/ireland-closing-the-door-to-open-government/

<http://blog.opengovpartnership.org/2012/09/ireland-closing-the-door-to-open-government/>

Even “where does my money go” still beyond our reach.

I guess the question ‘Why neither the Irish govt nor the Irish civil
society is encouraging greater use of modern technologies to increase
transparency and to enhance civil participation’ is out of scope here…

Any advice and support is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Denis Parfenov

 Director of NGO "Active Citizen"

m: +353863850044 skype: dp0901

e: denis.parfenov at gmail.com

https://twitter.com/ActiveCitizen_

About Active Citizen: Active Citizen is a politically-neutral  Irish
non-profit. We advocate the use of technology for civil engagement and
 government
transparency. We encourage the Irish government to join the Open Government
Partnership. http://www.activecitizen.cc/