[OpenSpending] Follow-up to transaction standard call

James McKinney james at opennorth.ca
Wed Oct 24 13:29:33 UTC 2012

Excellent start, Lucy. With the exception of "How does money move around inside and outside government?" I think the current list of questions can be satisfied by an augmented version of the UK's Payments Ontology: http://data.gov.uk/resources/payments#structure Payments are broader in precision than transactions, but lower-level and broader in scope than contracts.

Salaries and employee expenses also came up in the discussion, but I wonder if these are better handled separately. I can imagine many governments being more open to transparency around payments than around salaries and expense accounts. I also expect the questions we'd like to ask of payments to suppliers are different from those we'd like to ask of payments to employees.

My suggestion then as we develop the questions/use cases is to focus on suppliers.

James