[OpenSpending] Importing Data unclear format.

Marco Horstmann marco.horstmann.de at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 4 22:39:28 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

I've just startet to import the financial data from the city Hanover in Germany.
This is my very first project with openspending.

But when I import the data the system doesn't understand the data:

ID;ID-Text;Sub-ID;Sub-Name;Amount;Year
5;öffentlich-rechtliche Entgelte;33110000;Verwaltungsgebühren;22064706.37;2011

The amount of "22064706.37" will be misinterpreted to "2206470637". This is
stupid, because I've learnd regex to change comma to dot. -.-
It does not work with comma and it does not work with dot.

BTW. The help pages are not very helpful.

Has anybody an idea, what happens here?

Regards
Marco