[OpenSpending] USA Spending (or a slice) into OpenSpending

George Adcock gsaintheusa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 19:45:25 UTC 2012

Hi Rufus, I've always been interested in the US side of the OKFN equation.
We went over this back in 2008 when I first signed up with the OKFN and
wanted to push a more comprehensive KM plan, but things change.
How are SIGs (Special Interest Group) organized. I can't search them or set
them on the OKFN site. I will be happy to work with, or create and
maintain, a US OKFN sig. I'd also be happy to help you with the bankruptcy
data if you'd like, but I never got a response when I asked what you hoped
to accomplish.
Regards, Steve Adcock

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>wrote:

> Hi Kaitlin,
>
> To follow our chat today in person :-)
>
> It would be great to get some portion of USA spending data into
> OpenSpending. Starting point would be USASpending.gov data, see:
>
> http://usaspending.gov/data
> http://datahub.io/dataset/usa-spending
>
> You guys at Sunlight already extract the data as part of the
> InfluenceExplorer. Your suggestion was first to have a dig in the Data
> Dictionary:
>
> <
> http://usaspending.gov/sites/all/themes/usaspendingv2/Archives_Data_Feeds_Data_Dictionary.pdf
> >

> And then decide what are the key fields. We can then get a dump,
> extract a sample and try loading it.
>
> Rufus

WebRep
currentVote