[OpenSpending] USA Spending (or a slice) into OpenSpending

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Sat Sep 15 12:02:09 UTC 2012

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for your email. It would be great to look at the
bankruptcy data in more detail. Kaitlin Lee, from the Sunlight
Foundation, is part of this list and the Working Group on Open
Spending Data. We were chatting just last week that she is working on
gathering spending data from across the US:
http://thedatahub.org/en/group/us-state-spending-and-revenue-data - so
she'd definitely be a good person to get in contact with if you are
interested in the US data.

As regards a US OKFN site, I'm looping in my colleague, Kat, who looks
after the local chapters. She's going to be frightfully busy this week
as she's running OKFestival, but perhaps, when the steam has died down
from that, we could set up a call to talk this through further?

If you're looking for more info on how these groups are started and
set up. Kat's put up a page here: http://okfn.org/chapters/ - they are
springing up all over the place (see:
http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/ - where it does appear
that some open data meetups are being held in the US), perhaps we
could connect the dots.

Do let us know if you'd like to talk more,

Lucy