[OpenSpending] Portuguese and Danish transactional spending data now added to OS
anders.pedersen at okfn.org
Tue Apr 16 14:15:01 UTC 2013
We've recently a good uptake in transactional data on OS.
* Portugal: Public spending for +125,000 transactions for 2009-2010:
We're still looking to add a few details on the data.
* Denmark: +200,000 transactions totalling 3,5 bn EUR for 2011-2012:
A few takes from the DK spending data:
- No transaction dates - only quarterly breakdowns are available
- >10% of spending items were redacted: They mostly occur under small
- No departments apply minimum thresholds
- Approx. 75 % of all transactions include VAT-number of supplier,
- Dep. of Defence even included their cash payments in Afghanistan:
A few departments have refused to release the data including the
Ministry of Economic affairs, which is by the way also responsible for
the implementation of OGP.
Though these datasets are still not covering the full picture of the
countris, it's great to see the development. Let us know if you need
help getting transactional spending data up on OS or if you need tips
for getting data released.
Open Knowledge Foundation
More information about the openspending