[OpenSpending] Community call - 24 April, 7PM CET - Opening up city budgets

Anders Pedersen anders.pedersen at okfn.org
Fri Apr 19 09:57:58 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We've seen a lot of activities across the community and wanted to give
everyone a chance to hear from some of the projects.

We'll therefore be running another Community Call next week on:

April 24, 7PM CET via Google Hangout

TOPIC: Opening up city budgets - three great projects from the community?

Sign up for the hangout and find all other details here:
http://wdmmg.okfnpad.org/26

Agenda:
* Open Budget Oakland (US): How to open up a city budget and bring
participation to local budget discussions [2] / Adam Stiles
* The Public Knowldge Workshop (Israel): Opening up and dealing with
messy city spending data [3] / Mor Rubinstein
* OKF Germany: Helping the city of Berlin to open their budget [4]

Highlights since last Community Call:
* Introducing a guide for OpenSpending widgets:
http://www.pbs.org/idealab/2013/03/how-to-embed-open-spending-visualizations-in-your-own-website078.html
* 40 cities and provinces are now on OpenSpending. Help us geolocate
them by adding lat. and long. here:
https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqR8dXc6Ji4JdHZZNUpWQ2paY3FfYTdFNXkxZXZDTWc#gid=0
* Transactional spending data now (partially) available from Portugal,
Denmark, London and UK (fully avail.)

[1] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenSpending+Community+Call&iso=20130424T01&p1=263&ah=1
[2] http://openbudgetoakland.org/
[3] https://github.com/hasadna/omuni-budget
[4] http://www.berlin.de/sen/finanzen/haushalt/haushaltsplan/artikel.5697.php

Our community calls are meant to offer an opportunity for you to find
out more about how to get started with openspending and get working on
spending transparency. We especially encourage new people to the list
to join our calls.

Hope to see many of you Wednesday!

Anders

--