[OpenSpending] Hack Day on EU procurements May 2 in Brussels

German Filkov dfilkov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 05:22:19 UTC 2013

Our NGO (Center for Civil Communications) is dealing mostly with public
procurement data. We monitor a sample of 240 procurement procedures and
issue quarterly reports with findings and recommendations towards narrowing
the room for corruption, greater transparency and more rational use of
public money. A great deal of the data we obtain through the Freedom of
Information Act, which turned to be a good tool in this regard. We also
train journalists in research and report on public procurement. Our
experience shows that this subject is complex for them. Our website is
www.ccc.org.mk. We are from Republic of Macedonia. Good luck with your idea
and efforts.
German Filkov