[OpenSpending] [open-government] Sunlight Foundation`s new international program

Julia Keserű jkeseru at sunlightfoundation.com
Thu Feb 14 04:58:57 UTC 2013

Thanks to everyone for sending your thoughts and stories, please keep them
coming! There's no deadline at all, we're in the data collection stage but
feel free to reach out whenever you wish to.

Sunlight has recently also launched a two-year research project on why
transparency matters. Please read the following blog post:
http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2013/02/12/whytransparencymatters/ and
if you have a case study you would like to suggest or any other comment,
please e-mail me or Alexander Furnas at zfurnas at sunlightfoundation.com.

Jason, the best answer I can provide is that Sunlight doesn't specifically
work on privacy issues, although we do consider them and work with others
engaged in privacy questions. Our major principle is that information about
government activities should be publicly available, but private information
about individuals should not. I know this may sound too broad but I'd love
to hear your thoughts or specific questions.

Best,
Julia