[OpenSpending] culture spending data

Olav Anders Øvrebø olav.ovrebo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 16:22:04 UTC 2013

Hi,
I am researching an article about spending on culture around Europe.
My aim is to create an overview over the impacts on the cultural
sector of austerity/the economic crisis. It would be great to get tips
on how to find the relevant data (a challenge here is that it has to
be quite recent, otherwise I won't find out about the "crisis
effect"). Preferably covering EU-27 (28?) or as many countries as
possible, but data on single countries also interesting:
- State funding (budgets) of culture, maybe also regional level
- Non-state financing of culture, i.e sponsorships from businesses,
funding by foundations etc
- The public's use of culture, i.e cinema visits, library lending,
book reading etc
- Employees in the cultural sector

All the best
Olav