[OpenSpending] Uploading California City Expenditures to Open Spending

Marc Joffe marc at publicsectorcredit.org
Wed Jul 24 20:08:47 UTC 2013

My group has pulled actual expenditure data for 260 California cities from
their audited financial statements.  We present this and other data at
http://www.publicsectorcredit.org/ca. I just uploaded the expenditure data
for one city to OpenSpending you can see it at
http://openspending.org/pscs_sf_2012/views/san-francisco-expenditures-2012.

I have also dumped the spending data for all 260 cities to a CSV file at
http://www.publicsectorcredit.org/openspending/California_City_Expenditures.
csv. This file could be broken up into 260 separate city files and uploaded
one by one - a time consuming process. If anyone has thoughts about how to
automate the upload of all this data to OpenSpending I would love to hear
them.

Marc Joffe

Public Sector Credit Solutions

http://www.publicsectorcredit.org