[OpenSpending] Help us update the Open Data Census

Anders Pedersen anders.pedersen at okfn.org
Tue Jun 4 22:07:32 UTC 2013

All,

We're currently looking to improve the coverage of the Open Data Census (
http://census.okfn.org/) and to verify existing contributions to ensure
information is still up to date and reliable.

As several of the categories in the census are related the OpenSpending
community such as government budget, government spending and company
register, I'm asking if any of you would be able to help out. Obviously I'd
be eager to get your help on all categories in the census!

There are two actions you can help with:

   - Contribute to countries where there is missing information - you can
   do this right now, just visit http://census.okfn.org/country
   - Review existing contributions - you will need access to the review
   spreadsheet *(just let me know and I can add you)*

The work doesn't need to involve a lot of of time. We're looking update the
census over the next week *until June 12th* and would hope that you'd both
add information yourself as well as mobilize input and expertise from
colleagues to contribute.

It would be great if you could help bring the census up to date. Let me
know if you have questions and I'd be glad to help via Skype or email, eg.
tomorrow during the Data Clinic. Get in touch if you're interested to help
out!

Anders

--
*