[OpenSpending] Common Mapping Error

Pierre Chrzanowski pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com
Fri May 24 07:45:34 UTC 2013

Ok thanks Tryggvi for your help,

Following your advices, I succeeded in creating the model.
See result here http://openspending.org/marches-publics-senegal/entries

It concerns Public Procurements in Senegal for the past 3 years.
We (Regards Citoyens & OKF France) have been working with a Senegalese team
during a workshop in Dakar.
@Anders interested in a blog post ?

- Pierre

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Tryggvi Björgvinsson <
tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org> wrote:

>  Hi Pierre,
>

> On fim 23.maí 2013 10:29, Pierre Chrzanowski wrote:
>
> Almost everytime I tried to create a model for my dataset, I get the error :
>
> The dimensions mapping could not be saved as it contains some errors:
>
>    - *mapping:* '%s' must be a compound dimension if it exists.
>

> Yes, this error message is pretty weird. You've actually discovered a bug!
> Thank you for reporting this!
>
> I'll explain what's happening and you might then be able to create the
> model.
>
> This error message comes up when you have a 'from' or a 'to' field and
> their type isn't 'dimension'.
>
> When you click the blue 'Add Dimension' button you have these four
> possible types: 'dimension', 'attribute', 'time', and 'date'. Fields that
> have the name 'from' or 'to' must be 'dimensions' (and that's what the
> error message is trying to say but it fails to say what field it's talking
> about).
>
> Try that and get back to me if there are more problems. In the meantime
> I'm going to fix that bug :-)
>
> --
>
> Tryggvi Björgvinsson
>
> Technical Lead, OpenSpending
>
> The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org>
>
> *Empowering through Open Knowledge*
>
> http://okfn.org/ | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF on Facebook<https://facebook.com/OKFNetwork>|
> Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/> | Newsletter<http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>

*Pierre Chrzanowski*
// Skype: pierre.chrzanowski // Twitter : piezanowski