[OpenSpending] Common Mapping Error

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Thu May 23 14:15:47 UTC 2013

Hi Pierre,

On fim 23.maí 2013 10:29, Pierre Chrzanowski wrote:
> Almost everytime I tried to create a model for my dataset, I get the error :
>
> The dimensions mapping could not be saved as it contains some errors:
>
>    - *mapping:* '%s' must be a compound dimension if it exists.

Yes, this error message is pretty weird. You've actually discovered a
bug! Thank you for reporting this!

I'll explain what's happening and you might then be able to create the
model.

This error message comes up when you have a 'from' or a 'to' field and
their type isn't 'dimension'.

When you click the blue 'Add Dimension' button you have these four
possible types: 'dimension', 'attribute', 'time', and 'date'. Fields
that have the name 'from' or 'to' must be 'dimensions' (and that's what
the error message is trying to say but it fails to say what field it's
talking about).

Try that and get back to me if there are more problems. In the meantime
I'm going to fix that bug :-)

--

Tryggvi Björgvinsson

Technical Lead, OpenSpending