[OpenSpending] Exploring Open Government Spending Data Best Practices

Pierre Chrzanowski pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 11:16:00 UTC 2013

Dear All,

Following the Open Data Index which showed there was still a long way to go
re Spending Data, I thought it would be worth gathering information on how
countries implemented open publication of their spending data.

So after a suggestion of Anders, I started a simple google presentation
here [1] where I listed first ranked countries according to the OD Index.
And I invite you to add details about the project you may know directly on
the presentation or start a discussion about a specific example on this
list.

Questions to adress :
- How do countries deliver in practise?
- Which countries publish with thresholds eg. UK and US?
- What are the standards used ?
- Etc.

For instance, I noted the work of Moldova and the World Bank with the Boost
program. What were the main steps of that project to get the country to
publish its detailed expenditures ? How easy it is replicable ? It would be
good to have one simple slide on that.

Result of this work will be added to the OpenSpending knowledge base

And in case I am replicating an ongoing work somewhere else, please let us
know

Thanks a lot for your contribution !

[1] http://goo.gl/j6TfD0

--